Today, 16 October, is World Food Day which is dedicated to protecting our precious food.
GLAD is doing their bit this World Food Day by helping to save good food from going bad. Here are a few of their suggestions:
Get to know your kitchen before heading to the store by doing a mini stock-take – you might find that you already have ingredients in the fridge, freezer or cupboard; you’ll save money by crossing things off the shopping list when you check at home first.
- GLAD loves leftovers! Being food smart is the best way to prevent waste and save money too (bonus!) Leftover meat can be wrapped in GLAD Cling Wrap, refrigerated, and then used for sandwiches for lunch the next day. Meat bones can be used for stock for soups and stews – a homemade stock makes all the difference! Keep the stock in the fridge or freezer for when you need it.
- If you have food left in the pot, put it into a GLAD Zip Seal Bag as a “ready-made-meal” for one. Simply pull out the bag, put the food in a bowl and reheat. Smaller amounts can be pureed up as baby food or served as a kid’s portion for lunch the next day.
- When you arrive with your shopping, transfer as much as you can straight into the freezer. If you have large packets of chicken or beef, divide them up using GLAD Freezer Bags and freeze individual portions.
- Fresh veggies that have been opened can be put into GLAD Multi-Fresh Food Bags to keep them fresher for longer.
- Cover bowls of food with GLAD Cling Wrap to prevent the food from drying out and then ultimately being thrown away.
- Double bread’s lifetime by freezing it in large GLAD Zip Seal Resealable Freezer bags and only take out slices as needed – the bread will last almost double its lifetime.
From a juicy leg of lamb to crunchy celery, Glad will keep your leftovers fresher for longer from dish to fridge. Glad Zip Seal Bags provide a quick and simple solution to storing leftover food, while Glad Cling Wrap can be used to cover everything from bowls to large plates of food. Wasting food and money will become a thing of the past if you protect your good food from going bad with GLAD.
All GLAD products are made for your convenience with the purpose of keeping your food fresh for longer. GLAD – Saving good food. From going bad.
Please visit www.glad.co.za for more information and follow GLAD South Africa on Facebook. GLAD is available at most supermarkets.