Enjoy quality sleep while travelling with Vencasa
Long drives or flights can place a strain on your body and interrupt your sleep patterns – with a negative knock-on effect on your emotional, mental and physical health. While on holiday, the vacation mattress and airplane play the same havoc!
Quality sleep will enhance the relaxation of your holiday.
Below are some tips, for more comfortable travelling:
- Position your seat so that you can easily reach the wheel and get your feet on the pedals
- Adjust the seat to have your knees slightly higher than your hips
- Change the seat position occasionally by tilting slightly forward or slightly backwards
- Avoid slumping forward or sitting in a twisted position
- Invest in a Tempur lumbar support or a seat pad for additional support and comfort
- Frequently reposition your hands on the wheel to take strain off your upper back and neck muscles
- Stop every few hours and stretch or walk around
- Keep hydrated to avoid build-up of lactic acid in over worked muscles, which can cause stiffness
- Passengers should adopt a similar approach to posture
- Position your feet hip width apart on the floor, avoid sitting cross-legged and twisting
- Change the seat back position frequently, slightly forward or backward
- If you travel with your own pillow – cover it with a towel (or take a spare pillowcase) and put your feet on it – this relieves lower leg ache (a pressure relieving pillow works best)
- The Malouf travel pillow is light-weight and ideal for flights
- Bring your own pillow
- Invest in a Tempur travel pillow which is ideal for travelling long and short distances
- The Tempur Mattress Topper, part of the kit, is a great travel partner
Travel, work and sleep in comfort. The Vencasa range of travel products are compact enough to pack and designed to make your journey more enjoyable – and created to give your body vital support all along the way.
Vencasa, The World Leaders in Sleep, know that your body, mind and soul deserve quality sleep, and provide a range of exceptional sleep solutions to ensure it.
Visit www.vencasa.co.za or call 0861 60 60 60 for more information or for your nearest stockist.