A while ago I received a supply of Fivers from Four Cousins, you may have see the original post (click here) about the wine cooler which also had the recipe for the slushy. We decided to make a slushy using the lemon flavoured Fiver – which happens to be my favourite – and it turned out really well.
Fiver by Four Cousins is available at leading retailers countrywide for around R79.99/six-pack or online by the case through www.vanloveren.co.za.
How to make the slushy…
Check out the video on how to make the slushy and then scroll down for the recipe.
To make a Fiver slushy:
- Empty the contents of your favourite Fiver six-pack into a pot on the stove.
- Turn up the heat to get a gentle simmer.
- Add one cup of sugar and stir. When the sugar has dissolved, take the pot off the heat to cool.
- Put the cooled Fiver mix into a glass bowl, cover with cling wrap and put into your freezer for a few hours.
- Once solidified, loosen up the slushy with a fork and serve.
- Don’t forget to add garnish – a few strawberries perhaps or zooty paper straw for extra pizzazz.
#winebasedcooler #fivers #refreshing #summer #flavours
Click here to read all about the Fiver brought to you by Four Cousins in this previous post.